Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Question of Fear and the Answer of Faith - Part 1

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing one of Charles Spurgeon's sermons in pieces. It has been a blessing to me and I hope and pray it brings somebody else to know Jesus Christ and what He's done for you, and all of us - no exceptions!!
Please, if you have any questions you can send me an email at doitinpowerthroughJesus2016@gmail.com , get ahold of me on Facebook at Jesus Saves , comment below, or just ask for my number and I'll be more than happy to talk to you and pray with and for you! God is real and He's there for you too!
I will share this one section at a time, but if you wish to read it all at once (please read it in full and don't skim through it really quick), then here is the link:

The Question of Fear and the Answer of Faith  ( <---- Link!!)

A Sermon Delivered On Sunday Evening, August 31, 1856, By Pastor C. H. Spurgeon, At Exeter Hall, Strand.
"Will he plead against me with his great power? No, but he would put strength in me. (Job 23:6)"
"1. I shall not tonight consider the connection of these words, or what was particularly intended by Job. I shall use them in, perhaps, another sense from that which he intended. No doubt, Job meant to say, that if God would allow him to argue his case before him, it was his firm belief that God, so far from taking advantage of his superior strength in the controversy, would even strengthen him, that the controversy might be fair, and that the judgment might be unbiased. “He would not plead against me with his great strength; no, but he would put strength in me.” We shall use the text, however, tonight, in another sense."

No comments:

Post a Comment